Any form of marketing products or services that involves electronic devices is Digital marketing. It is also key to ensure that at the end of the day each marketing outlet leads directly to your company website.
Digital Marketing : Simple Step-by-Step Guide
Digital Marketing continues to be one of the most effective ways to reach online customers and followers. It moves beyond e-mail, social media and search engine marketing. Following a digital marketing strategy is key to helping small and large businesses grow fast.
How to Do Digital Marketing ?
- Define your Goals.
- Establish a budget for each digital channel
- Conduct keyword research.
- Identify your target audience.
- Strike a good balance between paid and free digital strategies.
Does it work for all businesses?
Digital marketing can work for any business in any industry. Regardless of what your company sells. Digital advertising is the practice of creating greater brand recognition on digital platforms.
The ability to reach a global marketplace.
It helps to track and measure the reach for your product / service.
It helps your business to get engaged with the prospective customers.
The best digital marketers have a clear picture of how each digital marketing campaign supports their goals.
What Are the Benefits of Digital Marketing?
Having a strong digital presence will help you in multiple ways:
- Shorten the buyer’s journey by presenting the right products with offers at the right time and at the needed time.
- Help you convert new buyers into fan followers who buy more (and more often)
- It will kickstart word-of-mouth and social sharing all the benefits that come with them.
- It will make it easier to create awareness and engagement both before and after the sale.
Digital Marketing Assets
- Your website
- Images (infographics, product shots, company photos, etc)
- Video content (video ads, product demos, etc)
- Social media pages
- Written content (blog posts, eBooks, product descriptions, testimonials, etc)
- Branded assets (logos, icons, acronyms, etc) Personal Branding
- Online products or tools for automation (Marketing tools for Email marketing, Webinar, SMS, interactive content, etc)
- Digital Marketing Course will play a major role.
B2B Digital Marketing
If your company or service is business-to-business (B2B), your digital marketing efforts are likely to be centered around online lead generation, with the end goal being for someone to speak to a salesperson.
B2C Digital Marketing
If your company or service is business-to-consumer (B2C), depending on the price point of your products, it’s likely that the goal of your digital marketing efforts is to attract people to your website and they become customers without ever need to speak to a salesperson.
Components and types of Digital Online Marketing are:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Native Advertising
- Digital Marketing Automation
SEO – Search engine optimization It is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results.
What goes into SEO ?
Earning traffic through unpaid or free listings
- Quality of traffic.
- Quantity of traffic.
- Organic results.
7 steps to successful SEO:
- Crawl accessibility so engines can read your website
- Keyword optimized to attract searchers & engines
- Title, URL, & description to draw high CTR in the rankings
- Compelling content that answers the searcher’s query
- Snippet/schema markup to stand out in SERPs
- Share-worthy content that earns links, citations, and amplification
- Great user experience including a fast load speed and compelling UX
Search engine marketing is the practice of marketing a business using paid advertisements that appear on search engine results pages (or SERPs). It is one of the most effective ways to grow your business.
There are three main types of search engine marketing (SEM)
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) 2. Local and 3. Organic SEO
An SEM platform is a search engine where a brand can place search ads that are displayed when users perform a search.
Google Ads and Bing Ads and most commonly used SEM Platforms.
Types of SEM Keywords
- Broad match keywords
- Phrase match keywords
- Exact match keywords
- Negative keywords
SEM Targeting can be based on below :
Location targeting | Demographic targeting | Device targeting | Ad schedule targeting
Content marketing is a marketing technique of creating and distributing relevant , valuable and consistent content to attract customers.Your customers, leads, and audience members want valuable content from your business.
Benefits of Content Marketing
More traffic | Cheaper conversions | Faster sales | Reduced marketing and sales overhead.
Higher search engine rankings | Measurable, actionable results | Stronger lead generation and qualification.
Types of Content Marketing
- Social Media Content Marketing
2. Blog Content Marketing
3. Video Content Marketing
4. Infographic Content Marketing
5. Paid Ad Content Marketing
6. Podcast Content Marketing
Want to Know about others thinking on Content Marketing :
Social media marketing is the use of social media platforms to connect and learn more about your audience to build your brand, increase sales and drive traffic to your website.
Facebook is dominating in social media platforms worldwide. Other popular channels are Whatsapp, Wechat, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and YouTube.
TYPES OF SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
Social networks—Connect with people Eg. FB, Twitter, LinkedIn
Media sharing networks—Share photos, videos, and other media – Eg. Instagram,Snapchat, Youtube.
Bookmarking and content curation networks—Discover, save, and share new content – Eg. Pinterest, Flipboard
Consumer Review Networks—Find and review businesses for the websites – Eg. Zomato, TripAdvisor
Blogging and publishing networks—Publish content online sites – Eg. WordPress, Medium, Tumblr
Discussion forums or networks —Share news and ideas so that others can benefit out of it – Eg. reddit,Quora, Digg.
Interest-based networks—Share interests and hobbies to the world – Eg. Goodreads, Houzz
Sharing economy networks—Trade goods and services.
Anonymous social networks—Communicate anonymously.
Social shopping networks—Shop online.
What is Affiliate Marketing ?
Affiliate marketing is the process by which an affiliate earns a commission for marketing another company’s products or person’s.
It is based on revenue sharing. If you have a product and want to sell more, you can offer promoters a financial incentive through an affiliate program. It is a popular tactic to drive sales and generate significant online revenue. Affiliate marketing is low risk. Since there’s no cost to join affiliate programs, you can start making money with an established affiliate product or service without any upfront investment.An easy way to find affiliate programs is to visit an affiliate marketplace or platform.
some of the most popular affiliate websites
An effective email marketing strategy converts prospects into customers, and turn first time buyers into recurring customers.
When you want to communicate something to sell your stuff or about your brand email marketing is one of the most cost-effective ways to do so.
1. Create an email marketing plan.
2. Design your emails.
3. Test your emails.
4. Measure your performance.
5. Marketing automation.
is a form of paid media where the ad experience follows the natural form and function of the user experience in which it is placed.
Types Of Native Ad Integrations
In-Feed Native Ads
Search & Promoted Listings
Content Recommendation Widgets
Custom Content Units
Marketing automation is all about using software to automate marketing activities.This will nurture the sales leads by sending personalized marketing messages to consumers and content and in the process. This will save marketers’ time and effort.
- Electronic billboards
- Radio marketing
- TV marketing
- Phone marketing
- Text Message Marketing
Finding the Right Digital Marketing Agency to Work With
The rate at which new companies are entering into the market makes it difficult to choose the agency which is right for you. These companies offer a wide range of services and they differ from one to the other.
The following tips will help you choose the right digital agency for your business.
- Web design and development
- Online advertisement
- Search engine optimization and marketing
- Online reputation management
- Mobile marketing
- Social media marketing
- E-mail marketing
Want to know the Industry People think about Digital Marketing