Pannaivilai is a small village covered by Palmyra trees in Tuticorin District, Tamil Nadu, India.
Pannavilai is surrounded by Udangudi Block towards the East, Alwarthirunagari Block towards North, Tiruchendur Block towards East, Radhapuram Block towards the west. It is located 56 KM towards the South of the District headquarters in Thoothukudi. 672 KM from State capital Chennai. On the north side, it is surrounded by a big pool called ‘Perungulam’.
Pannai Villai is derived from two tamil word Pannai and villai, which means land which grows or has Palmyra trees.
Since Missionary Rev.John Thomas Tucker and Mother Amy Carmichael ministered in this place mostly Christian reside here.
Everybody in the village belongs the Nadar community. Christianity is the main religion followed.
CSI Thoothukudi-Nazareth Diocese
- Police Station Limit: Eral
- Near Railway Station: Tuticorin / Kurumbur / Tirunelveli / Tiruchendur
- Near Airport: Tuticorin / Madurai / Trivandrum
- Assembly constituency: Srivaikuntam assembly constituency
- Lok Sabha constituency: Thoothukkudi parliamentary constituency